![]() |
| Chris Evans in Times Square |
Picture this, New York City, 2011. Leo and I are on our way to see Mary Poppins (ok, you can stop laughing now...no really, stop). Anyway, we take a stroll around Times Square and walk past this black dude, leaning against a pole outside the Marriott Hotel. Leo's "nudge" almost landed me on the other side of Times Square and it was only then my jaw dropped and OMG...it was none other than Samuel L Jackson. We didn't know whether to go back or forth but the swag of security people were ushering us, for want of a better word, in any direction that was away from the man himself. We couldn't believe it as we kept walking; I actually think my jacket caught the end of his...star spot number ONE!
![]() |
| View from Empire State Building |
![]() |
| Piano from Big |
We also went to FAO Schwarz on Friday, saw the piano from the movie Big and we went on a tuk-tuk around Central Park. Hahahaha, ok, another picture this for you. Picture this, Central Park, April 2011. This poor little Somalian, no more than about 65kgs asks if we want a ride around the park and I don't know what possessed us but we said yes. It was no more than 30 seconds in when he broke a sweat and both Leo and I got the guilts. How was this povera bestia gonna ride our two butts around the park for half-an-hour?! Everytime he stopped to tell us about a movie site or a star home it was like *huff, puff* "This is where...*huff, puff*...Angelina *huff, puff* Jolie lives *huff, puff*"! It was funny but geees we felt bad...needless to say we gave the dude a fair tip, he was gonna need it to buy some food...
![]() |
| Mmmmmm, Lobster Bisque! |
![]() |
| Fondue! |
Yesterday, Easter Sunday, I died and went to heaven as we experienced Easter dinner at Artisanal http://www.artisanalbistro.com/ a fromagerie with over 250 different types of cheese. It was literally heaven...golden, creamy and cheesy. Our fondue was served with beef tips, bread, potatoes and apple. Yes apple. It was remarkably good. You should try it sometime!

Today we headed out for breakfast and, again, Times Square is blocked off to the all dancing, all singing GLEEKS! I don't know their names nor am I a massive Gleek myself but it was, again, very cool to see!
We have just come back from a live taping of the Late Show with David Letterman; on the show were Bill Maher (never heard of him), the lovely Cote de Pablo from NCIS which we love (she is HOT) and Lupe Fiasco...some rapper dude who was trying to sing about somthing! We had a great arvo there (minus the fruitcake woop-wooping behind us for the duration of the show...freak)!We're about to head out again but we have no idea where we're going. Rest assured though we have the camera and, as honourary members of NYC's Paparazzi, we are ready to snap!
As a heads up, I have a couple of special, possible star spot opportunities planned for tomorrow and Thursday so, stay tuned to see if I have managed to pull them off! Speaking of Thursday, we are going to a taping of the Nate Berkus Show...hope he has some freebies for us hahahahaha.
Ok friends, hope you have enjoyed your Easter/Anzac break. Look forward to writing more soon.
Px
"At the going down of the sun, and in the morning; we will remember them. Lest we forget"






I really heart NYC and I'm soooo jelouse of you two!!! Love your blog! Team Drouinxx
ReplyDeleteThanks Frida! We'll have to have a catch up when we get home, it's long overdue!
ReplyDelete